Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
The program is based upon the growth and developmental needs of children from infancy through age five years. It provides important, foundational experiences which foster growth and development in all areas of early learning. Positive, engaging early learning experiences are crucial to support future school success for young children. Harbor House Child Care Center recognizes this importance and strives to provide the best possible care and education for all children enrolled.
We believe that a child's play is the foundation of all learning. A child learns best when all five senses are involved and the ideas are relevant to their daily lives. This is why we follow an Emergent Curriculum philosophy: focusing on the child's interest as learning activities are developed. Basic skills and concepts that are necessary for entry into higher grade levels are incorporated into all activities.
- To provide a safe, stimulating, and nurturing environment in which young children can learn through play. Each child will be given many opportunities to grow and develop.
- To help children develop a positive self-image & independence.
- To work with parents to help each child attain his/her potential.
- To maintain the trust & confidence of the parents & families who entrust children to our care.
- To help children enjoy learning, laying a foundation for future academic study, artistic expression and language & communication skills.
- To promote cooperative social behavior.
- To provide a comfortable & supportive environment for all who work at and use Harbor House CCC.